Light and Salt

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Bud and Flourish

Bud And Flourish

August 2018





Read

Proverbs 4: 23 (NIV/ESV)


Reflect

The worlds says, "follow your heart."  God's Word says, "guard your heart..."(NIV)

I had my share of failures in the past.  I'm sure exactly what went wrong, I failed to guard my heart.  I followed my heart instead, which led to ill feelings towards my self. It took me two years to forgive my self.   However, God is so gracious; He was ever present then as He is ever present today.

How do I guard my heart?
True enough, apart from God I have no good thing; and I am nothing.  It is when I spend deeper and more intimate time with His Word.  So the more I listen to Him the louder His words rings in my heart.

Why I should guard my heart?
Emotions are deceitful.  Our hearts our laid open when we are alone and when we are with others.  It tunes in to different rhythm everyday when we are with different people and situation. 

From where I should guard my heart?
I guard my heart from deceitful circumstance.
When pride eclipses our hearts instead of forgiveness. It is when selfishness presents itself instead of selflessness.

"Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life." 

Guard your heart.




                             #foodforthesoul
                             #soulkeeping

No comments:

Post a Comment