Light and Salt

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

"When I Grow Up..."

"When I grow up, I want to be a teacher, doctor, engineer, scientist, artist."  So many options - and the lists go on.  Perhaps, this line is a cliche to everyone.
I must admit, it is, for me. You know, when we were young, in school or at home our parents and teachers asked us this question, "What do you want to be like when you grow up?"  With grinning, jumping we raised our  both hands and excitedly whopped our answer. 
I could still vividly remember my pre-school teacher asked me that same question. 
Does everyone live what they really dreamed to become?  To some, maybe yes. To some, maybe no. Or, does every child, at their tender age already figured that out?

Truthfully speaking, not every child.  

However, one of the things WE should never give-up ever spells like this - 
H O P E! 

Yes, WE.  It's always the time (not later) to be a part of that strive to attain in the aspect of education.  I do say, not importantly you are an educator to help this kind of children realize their own dream.  Now, let's start where we are.  Or, let's continue what we have started.  

Oh, by the way, my answer to my teacher's question was - I want to be a teacher.  I'm thankful to my Mama who was a teacher - she inspired me tremendously.   

No comments:

Post a Comment